6.08.2008

more thougts on N.A.I.M.

One of the things which delayed my posting this week was the need to absorb so much of the beautiful work I had the chance to view at the National American Indian Museum.

As I mentioned previously, the quality of work is incredible. But even more than that the work has a spiritual quality to it. Each of the artisans who worked on these pieces put a part of themselves into the work. As I was reading the book that accompanies this exhibit, it stood out to me that much of the work was about honoring family, ancesters and their spiritual beliefs.

Because honoring my family, ancesters and spiritual beliefs is also very important to me in everything I do, I have a deep respect for the people who made these works of beauty.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails