Sneak peak update.

Earlier, in November, I posted a sneak peak at a project I was working on. I just got the piece back from a show and wanted to share the finished product.

I haven't been doing much bead embroidery, so I was tickled with how it turned out. I also used a new skill I picked up in Quilting Arts Magazine from a two part article on how to manipulate photos and print them out for custum fabric pieces. So this was definitely a piece that was a personal challenge to try and do new things.

The original image was a basic pic of sage growing out back by the porch. I cut, pasted, and flipped sections of it in the paint program to get the background image that is printed on muslin.

Here's a close up of the main beaded area - the colours didn't want to scan properly for some reason, but it still gives a good idea. I used miyuki size 15's and a dyed chalk turquiose cab.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I love the colors! I don't think I've seen a chalk-dyed piece of turquoise before, very interesting:) The piece is beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails