5.07.2008

Children's classes, part 1 Fabric Friendship Bracelets

I plan on teaching some childrens classes at the Bedford Academy of Arts this Summer. One of the classes will be fabric friendship bracelets.

The samples above were made in a hurry, and don't have any bead embellishments, but I have already purchased some beads for the kids to use, in addition to the ribbon and embroidery.

One of the great things about this project - kids will be learning running stitch, stem stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and sewing on a button or velcro. It is also pretty quick - just right for a morning class.

I will try to have some more samples up soon, as well. Preferably with beads. But since it is a class I'm teaching, and it's jewelry - I figure I can get away with putting here.

I want to share the post from Cornflower Blue that inspired my versions of the friendship bracelet. Rachel has a tutorial here: http://cornflowerbluestudio.blogspot.com/2008/04/whip-up.html

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails