7.01.2008

patterns for kids update.

Just an update on the little frog pattern I did for Becca. I had mentioned the pattern could be worked up in seed beads. I got to thinking how cute that would be, and I decided to make a bracelet to show how it would look. You could repeat the frog more often; I just opted to do the repeat twice.

I used a magnet clasp and basket weave crimp ends to finish the bracelet. The clasp is attached to the crimp ends with small jump rings. I used E6000 to attach the crimp ends firmly. You have to be careful when using the crimp ends to snug them up enough to fit, without cracking any beads. I find it is better to use the pliers on the crimp ends without the beads. I stop and test fit frequently. When the crimp is snug, but not tight, I stop and use glue to attach the beads.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails