9.25.2008

Daisy Mandala

I wanted to share a bracelet pattern I did recently. This is a part of a mandala I created using daisys. It ended up looking a look like X'sand O's, or hugs and kisses. I plan on calling this one "hugs and kisses."

http://www.quiltingarts.com/

The picture I used for the pattern looks a lot like the final bracelet - I used Microsoft Paint program to flip and reverse a portion of the original image several times. I used only a portion of the picture to flip and copy, rather than the whole thing, to get a stronger graphic effect.

This is a good example of what you can do with "ho-hum" pictures you otherwise might not be able to create a pattern from.

There are a couple of great articles in the last two issues of Quilting Arts, that go into the process I used to create this image. I will have to go and look up the link and author.

The link to the magazine is here:

http://www.quiltingarts.com/

later note: the more I look at this, the more I see a creepy clown face. That was sooooo unintentional! - G.

2 comments:

April Ellis said...

Hey, I love your patterns, they are so cute! Take care X April

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Now that you mention it, so can I. You did a wonderful job on this pattern though. I love how colorful it is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails