3.25.2009

Monochrome Daisies

I love daisies! I even carried them in my wedding. I had the wedding cake decorated to look like a basket, overflowing with fresh cut daisies.

When you look up daisies, they traditionally represent innocence and purity.

To me daisies represent more, however, they represent summer, and sunshine and the promise of beautiful days ahead.

So why the monochrome in taupe and white? By making the pattern monochrome, it evokes simplicity. And as I get older, I find that happiness is most often found in the simple things. It is less about how many things I have and more about how many moments I have spent with my kids looking at daisies.

Having a bracelet like this evokes those simple moments.

My spring wishes for you: take some time to just appreciate simple things with someone you love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love daisies too.

Cécile Sergouel said...

Hello,
Your web site is very nice !
Thanks for all the peyote patterns, which are lovely
Cécile
http://ceciles.canalblog.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails