6.14.2009

Lemon and Lime time!

A great necklace for a hot summer day at the beach. Don't forget the to accessorize with ice cold lemonade!

I used one strand of graduated chalk turquoise, and dyed mother of pearl 6mm rounds. A simple toggle clasp finishes this one off. The beads are stung with 12 lb Beadalon, and secured using tube crimp beads

When it comes to the chalk turquoise in green, fuschia, and purple, I have to adnit, at first, I had my doubts. It just looked kind of "off" in the catalogue pics and on-line. BUT! Once I saw it in person, I was hooked.

Yes I know it has been dyed and stabilized, and it really isn't "natural." But how could I resist all that eye popping colour in three of my favorite shades?

With that note, I hope everyone is starting off their summer healthy, happy, and surrounded by family and friends. Wearing this summer bright necklace, you can be queen of the B-B-Q! (Just make sure it is Eastern North Carolina vinegar style Bar-B-Que!!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails