6.27.2008

patterns for kids

I recently came across a blog by Jonna, named Very Simple Patterns. (There's a link to her blog under the "beady Blogs" links, in the side bar.) Seeing her blog reminded me that even though I more often than not design patterns for more advanced beaders, that all beaders start out as beginers. And when it comes to that first pattern, less really is more.

I sometimes also get caught up in thinking "I need to make this blog impressive.... or I need to do a pattern that is really artsy, or technical." I forget to share some of my patterns I have designed for teaching my kids peyote stitch with pony beads.

One of my favs is a pattern I named a Frog for Becca. It was her first peyote piece and hangs on her door. Even though it was designed for pony beads, this would work up really cute in size 11 delicas - repeat a couple of times for a bracelet.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

What a cute little frog pattern!

Also, thanks so much for linking to my blog! Please stop by anytime. Cheers from Boston! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails